Lucy Boston

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

EEEEEKKKKK!!

EEEEEKKKK!!








Double EEEEEKKKK!!




NOOOOOOOO!



I'm not readddddyyyy!
 
Autumnal equinox:
Sept 22, 2009;
5:18 P.M. EDT

The trees are trying to tell me.
Fall is arriving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I know the calendar is saying it is so. And I know the weather is saying it.  The time of sunset is telling me, too.  And.....  I'm just not ready to admit it. 

In the early evenings I can hear the wild turkeys calling, and I know they are preparing for the season's change.  I even found a picture of a turkey getting ready for ...........something!



OK...this is really not the wild turkey I have been hearing, it's a cutie of a neice with her fair project turkey named "Chimichanga" in/during the costume contest.  They won for best costume in the turkey/participant category.
In this shot picture (probably shouldn't say shot around a turkey) Chimichanga was very tired of being a soccer ball.  But even he was making the noises like fall was here...

I guess I'll have to admit that another summer is gone.

I love Autumn, so it's not that I am not looking forward to the season that is coming. I really am!  I have decorations to put out, and quilts to move around.  I can start making soups everyday if I want and people won't think I'm crazy!  I don't know how to explain it. It just seems that time is flying by, and if summer is gone, then another year is half gone!  Just not ready for that either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!