Lucy Boston

Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowin', blowin'

It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and he bumped his head
And couldn't get up in the morning. 

SUBSTITUTE THESE WORDS AND IT'S MUCH BETTER!
It's snowing, it's blowing,
I'm staying in and sewing.
Fabric to cut and fabric to piece,
Another project for showing!

In this picture it's really not dusk, it's white-out conditions.  I waited until it let up a little to take these photos.
Isn't it BeaUUUtiful?

I'm like a kid on days like this.  I wake up early, listening to the radio for news of my school's cancellation, hoping to hear it called.  So I can stay home and play.  Not that I really have many places to go anyway, so it won't change my plans much if school is cancelled.  It's just the anticipation I think...waiting to hear that cancellation!  Like it's going to give me the freedom to do...something.  These pics are from this afternoon.  They didn't close the county schools, just made early dismissals.
I got to come home early from work today...called because of snow, again.  The snow is just dumping down now, roads closed, blowing, drifting, general mayhem across the county.  The county officials are warning they are going to call a level 3 snow emergency -- that's the one where it's emergency vehicles only on the roads.  That's o.k. with me though.  I have all kinds of projects callin' my name!
So, back to sewing and singing.....
It's snowing, it's blowing,
I'm staying in and sewing.
Fabric to cut and fabric to piece,
Another project for showing!


Oh, maybe find the roof rake also....

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Your blog is inspiring, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, now if it could only shovel itself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!