Lucy Boston

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

road trip and quilts

R O A D   T R I P...
Good Wives Company, just north of Marion, Ohio.
Worth the drive if you are ever in central Ohio.
They were chosen a while back by Better Homes and Garden "Quilt Sampler" as one of the top 10 quilt shops in the country.  Check out these photos and you'll see why! 
Kits and samples, galore!
And our little group did our part in contributing to the small business economy!
Then back to a friend's to quilt, quilt, quilt. 
There were seven of us "quilting in the barn".

A couple of the gals were from Minnesota.  So, if you hear a Minnesotan accent "aout" of me, you know where I picked it up!
Yes, that is a "grinning deer" on the table.  It was always around causing trouble!
In my project I had a block sewn in vertically instead of horizontally, and the "grinning deer" "did it", I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I adore Good Wives! It's such an amazing place! I miss it though...I haven't been back to Marion since my grandmother passed away a year ago. Maybe I need a road trip one of these days. It would be bittersweet though. :0/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. The shop looks like major damage could be done to some plastic! Everyone's pictures look fantastic! And the poor little reindeer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone was productive at the retreat!!! If only.......?
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Good Wives before and glad you got some photos to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!