Lucy Boston

Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring, spring, spring

I finally feel like I am back in the swing:
spring-swing of things. 
I am blaming the recent time change thingy on my lackidaisical feeling lately...
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that spring has arrived,
but think I am going to miss winter ...
I like all the comfort foods, and wood fires, and hot cocoas and walks in the snow...
Anyway, back to the spring-swing...
The birds have been singing.
The resident racoon is showing himself from under the back deck.
There has been a little sunshine, and
warmer temperatures.  Yea!!!

I have been "swinging" through some quilting.        This one is Sharon's:
Definately, she is thinking spring...don't you love it?











Then, there is another Sharon - this is her first project
for a not yet born grandbaby - and she asked if I could quilt in some elephants.  I still have the water soluble blue marker on at this point.

I had to go look up the "saggy baggy elephant". I thought it was familiar, but couldn't remember.  It is a new "old" story, and very cute.  I didn't know that there was a fabric line.  Aaahhh, nostalgia.

And, finally, here is (another) one by Mary - she is soooo productive that I'm jealous.  This is from the new book "A Bird in Hand" by Renee Plains.  I love this book, too, and now that I've seen this quilt, double love!
Feathers were my choice of quilting on this one:

So, now that I am out of my "funk", whatever the heck it was, I am welcoming Spring- raccoons under the deck and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!