Lucy Boston

Thursday, April 15, 2010

excitement

Remeber, I mentioned that I was not so patiently awaiting arrival of a NEW BOOK???
Well, yesterday in the a.m.
I had a confirmation email that my order was being processed....

Yay, Yipee, Yahoo, etc.
Confirmation that I would soon have my goodies!!

Then, look what Sweetie brought in from the post box last night:
It's a really big white envelope with my name on it...
It came on the day that the company said it was processed!!!!!!!!!
You can't beat that for service, can you?!
That was a 500 mile trip and across three states --
and all done in the same day?
Sooooo
I tore into the packaging.....
and out spilled the greatest loveliness
in books and wool and floss.....
It's "Summer Gatherings"
by Lisa Bongean and Carole Charles
And, yes, I got a kit!!! ....
I don't usually purchase kits, but I just loved the color choices in wool for the geraniums.....
see, the colors are so luscious they almost make you drool.  
This is the "potted geranium pillow"
that will be my next project...
Because I promised myself that I
Would Not Start Another Project
until I completely
(notice that is completely)
finished.
Not mostly, or almost, 
but totally,
wholly,
entirely,
absolutely,
from top to bottom,
down to the last stitch in the label
FINISHED
my Small Catch hand/wool project.
Will you hold me to it???
Got to go, I have more drooling perusing to do over this new book.
Oh, yeah, here's the latest on my small catch:

One more dog-tooth border to finish, a little embroidery and a couple of applique stars. 
Then let the madness start---another project...drooling included.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I want that book! And I want that kit! And every other one they offer! Gotta save up my pennies! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that very same book and that very same kit today too! Along with two other kits. :) And I'm pretty sure I have enough wool from other projects to make a couple others! It's a wonderful book with some great patterns. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debra,
    Our Crazy Quilters of MO had their first meeting yesterday. We had 14 there. It was so much fun. And it's all because I won a book from your blog. If you go to http://cricketstreetwool.blogspot.com you can see pics of our pieces and pieces from the KS girls who are challenging us.
    Oh my, I have received my copy of your new book. Isn't is wonderful? I want all the wool pieces in the book. Now which one do I start first? I have made that same promise to myself about not starting anything new. I think I will have to break my promise.
    Thanks again for the book give-away. It has really started something big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - You are so very welcome for the "Wool Crazy" book that you recently won in my give-away! It is exactly as I had hoped when I gave it - that whomever won would go crazy with wool, just like me!!! And look at the number of people that you pulled in with you! I did visit CricketStreetWool blogspot and
    OH
    MY
    GOODNESS!!!!
    Everyone got so much accomplished!
    I so enjoyed seeing everyone's project begin to take shape and all the smiles. Thanks for making my day!
    I will keep checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!