Lucy Boston

Saturday, June 5, 2010

vibrant tartness

It
 is
almost
Cherry time!!!


Do you see
all of those
little yellow globes
hanging in the Forest of leaves???
In just a few days,
they will
all
be bright red
and ready for the picking!
If
I
beat
the birds
to the punch
to the cherries!!!

Seeing those colors in that tree reminds me of this quilt that I just meandered across.
And now that almost a day has passed since these cherry tree pictures were taken,
the colors are even more cherry and orangey and vibrant!
So, I had to show you this quilt of KyleAnn's.
Check out those colors -
the colors that look like ripening cherries:
And this puppy quilt was almost king size -
that's a whole lot of vibrancy! 
(Of course, my picture doesn't show the true vibrancy -
it was a gorgeous mix of brightness.) 
Just like the cherries ripening on the tree in the garden. 
I love ripening cherry colors -
in trees and in quilts!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering at the thought of those cherries. And I'm drooling over the gorgeous quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm cherries! And a beautiful quilt... do you happen to know the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!