Lucy Boston

Sunday, July 18, 2010

blooms

Remember this nasty looking chicken coop picture from earlier this spring???
It is much better, now, thank you!
And, I started my new quilt for my own bed!!!
The flowers blooming did the trick, I think.
Made me think of the blooming fabric flowers I had picked up.
It is a group of fabrics called Heavenly Hollyhocks, a Northcott fabric.
I bought these fabrics just over a year ago
at the National Quilt Association convention
when it was here in central Ohio.
I wouldn't usually choose this coral color,
 nor the flowers panel,
but,
something called to me.
I realized after it was in my hot little hands
that those were the flowers that were blooming
against the side of the barn
at Great-Grandma B's!
It was meant to be, I guess.
My goal was to have it on my bed by this year's family reunion.
The reunion that I host every year here at my home, sweet home.
The reunion that is usually in September.
The reunion that is going to be in July this year...
the reunion that is now!
Wish me luck!!!
Maybe they won't notice if I don't get it quilted
and just throw the un-quilted top across the current quilt on the bed!
We don't usually use that room anyway,
we are usually more into the food and visiting!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your fabric! I have hollyhocks in my garden for the first time this year and I just love them!! Can't wait to see your finished quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!