Lucy Boston

Sunday, September 26, 2010

more meanderings

I recently had the opportunity to quilt
this wonderful memory quilt for Annette.
Annette entitled it "Precious Memories".
Each block was house or barn shaped,
and had hand-writing around it...
all of her special memories of her family. 
Especially memories of her Grandma.
 Here are a few close-up pics of some of the blocks and the quilting:
 Can you tell that I really had fun doing the quilting?! 
Check out this line of clothes drying:
 And my favorite:  violets!
 This one, if you look closely in the brown area,
shows those old rotary dial phones
and the curly cord all around for the "party line":
Annette is now binding it and will enter it in an upcoming show...
I'll let you know how it goes...
I'm thinking "Viewer's Choice" ribbon,
at least!!!

It reminded me of all of my special Grandma memories
the whole time I was quilting it.
Thanks for the memories, Annette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!