Lucy Boston

Friday, September 24, 2010

Once in a Super Harvest Moon...

OK, I haven't been writing much lately....sorry.
I don't know why....
I think that maybe I have been, um, 
equinoxing lately.
Yeah, that's it....equinoxing!

I don't know how to explain it.
Not getting a whole lot done, just what needs to be done.
I'm blaming the not getting a whole lot done on this:
a rare cosmic arrangement
that has not occurred in nearly 20 years.

Two nights ago there was the Autumnal Equinox....
11:09 p.m. EDT (0309 GMT Sept. 23).
That is not the rare cosmic occurrence.

This is the rare cosmic occurrence:
At that same time as the Autumnal Equinox arrived,
the full moon arrived...
the weather guys said it was
the "Harvest Moon"...
And, according to some NASA astronomer
named Tony Phillips,  
"Not since 1991
has a full moon occurred on the same night as the fall equinox,
and it won't happen again until 2029."
AND,
This rare cosmic occurrence of
the Harvest moon on Autumn equinox
won't be seen again until 2029!!
Next week,
keep a lookout for the harvest moon.
The Harvest Moon
typically occurs
a few days or weeks before or after the fall equinox.
This year, though,
the full moon occurs just six hours after the equinox,
making it what is called a
"Super Harvest Moon."
So, I'm telling you this:
I think this is what is messing with my ability to get stuff done!
Too many cosmic occurrences!!!

I have done a few meanderings lately,
cosmic occurrences aside.
The key word there is FEW...
Charlene's BOM:

Virginia's cool batiks:

The LQS Book Club donation to Kids N Kamp:

The front of Louise's:

And the pieced back of Louise's:

That is not much to show for the last couple of weeks, is it?
And, I haven't been working on much of my own stuff, either...
Full moon,
Autumnal Equinox,
Super Harvest Moon...
the winds are a-blowin' something in...

Are you feeling the same, subtle pull or push?
The Equinoxing???
Or do you just ignore it?


I am not even looking forward to
the next cosmic occurrence,
if this is what it does to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that is what is wrong with me plus a cold. I feel I want to enjoy the change of the landscape, but do not want to be productive.
    Thanks for making it clear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!