Lucy Boston

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who's In for Cheddar?

I am loving this new book -
A Path to the Civil War: 
 Aurelia's Journey Quilt.


Have you gals seen this book? 

So full of history and information.
I love the history part
of the book as much as the quilt blocks.
And as much as I love the colors! 
The colors are to gush over!
(hear me color gushing?!)

I'm hoping to have the top made by
April 12th, 2011 -
this date marks the
150th anniversary of
the start of the Civil War.

The book has 28- twelve inch blocks
and 16- nine inch blocks.

There are about 12 weeks between now and the 12th of April...
Sooo...
that's only 4.5 blocks a week for 10 weeks,
and two weeks for sashing and borders.
Sounds do-able, don't you think?
Are you in???

Let me know if you are going to work on this quilt, also.

(I'm thinking I may have a giveaway
of some of the Marcus fabrics that were used in making this quilt.)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!