Lucy Boston

Monday, February 21, 2011

Abe's logs

I LOVE log cabin blocks...
and I LOVE this little goody...only 11" x 14".
It is Abe's Log Cabin
using all one inch cut pieces!!!
from the Fit to Frame series: Set Twelve, by Lori Smith.
I used all reproduction fabrics and then hand quilted it with the
"Utility Stitch" ...aka the Big Stitch and a
Valdani floss-size 12 #O545
The color of this floss reminds me of santa's beard...

I did it as a sample for an upcoming class I'm leading
at Always In Stitches here in Ohio.
Join me if you can!

Happy President's Day
and keep on stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Debra! I'm hand quilting with Size 8 Perle and my hands are getting really sore. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone gifted me with a bagful of precisely cut 1" strips. I really like this and perhaps will do the same to use them all up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!