Lucy Boston

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

quilter's block

aka: the hold up...
or MY not being able to decide on a quilting design.
Here's the culprit:
a very lovely quilt by Vickie.
And the
hold up/quilter's block/mental issue
was all mine...
no fault of the quilt-maker by any means!

I
just
could
not
decide
what to stitch in the borders/sashing
that I thought would live up to the
gorgeous fabric that was used in the blocks.

I finally, finally, finally decided
on the blossom and leaf meander that mimicked the fabric in the panels.

Don't know why that took me so long.  Seems so simple, now.  Looking back, I think I was just a little afraid of messing this one up.  And don't know why about that either!  I am always very conscious of the fact that I could really mess up someones' labor of love!

Maybe it was just the fact that we I needed a couple of days of sunshine instead of this infernal rain we've had for the last two months!!! 

Oh, well, it's done and I love it, and I think she will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!