Lucy Boston

Saturday, July 16, 2011

review:

I'm loving this new thread for hand-stitching!
(top to bottom: gold, silver, light orange, black)
(It's also available in light pink, dark pink and blue)
It's called Sparkles by Cosmo/Lecien
and the gals at Crabapple Hill
are using it in some of their new patterns...
I'm going to use this new Silver Sparkles
as snowflakes in this sample above.
Also in this new pillow pattern in the star tree-topper:
So, for my review:
I think it's just a little on the high-priced side
at $6.00 for almost 33 feet (10 meters) 
& it is a single thread you can't split.
BUT, it's great quality and definitely worth the price,
as it doesn't seem to ravel, split, knot or un-twist as you stitch.
NONE of the headaches of previous "metallic" threads.

Well, that's my two-cents-worth...
let me know if you've stitched with it and what you think.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!