Lucy Boston

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the shop hop saga continues...

so - I shared a few weeks ago
that a friend and I
had gone on a LONG shop hop -
  • one where we left before 7:30 A.M.
  • arrived at the first shop as they opened their door
  • ate lunch in the car so we'd have time to make most of the shops in the hours they were open
  • closed out at least two shops as they were closing for the evening
  • made the last stop at a shop where they were having an evening class
  • and had dinner after 9:00 p.m.
  • before driving the two hours home
  •  to arrive home after 11:30 p.m.
  • completing our 16 hour hop
  • and driving over 600 miles
Well, guess what?
My co-hort in quilting WON one of the shop-hop gift baskets.

Guess what that means??
Yep, you guessed it!!!
We will be driving back north this week!
To pick up her winnings. 
She's always winning things!

So, besides the long drive,
we get to re-visit some shops that we really liked
but didn't spend a whole lot of time in.
And, we'll see if we can get a picture of the finished quilt project from the hop. 
The quilt that only a few of the 14 shops actually participated in!!

Another quilting adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know about the northern shops. I figure I'll be heading North for leaf-watching soon. Maybe visiting some new shops will get me out of my non-quilting mode!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!