Lucy Boston

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

more coloring

I pieced and traced and color-tinted block number five of
Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage...
This piece is 18 by 30 inches. 
I haven't ironed off the excess wax/heat set it yet -
as I'm still looking at the shading.

I think it needs some more depth
in the rolled up warty looking bundle that's sticking out of the jar.
Do you think I need to add more shading???

I'm still working on stitching the section that is block two/three/four-
and it's almost done!

As a side note,
a friend is going out to Washington THIS week
 to join the Crabapple Hill gals in their retreat.
Can you imagine?
Stitching with the Crabapple Hill gals? 
Those stitching/designing/coloring
geniuses??
Yep, I'm just a little jealous of my friend...

I'll have to be content with living vicariously through her...
and working on my coloring here, I guess.

So, vicariously coloring here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!