Lucy Boston

Sunday, September 18, 2011

stew's almost done!

It's almost stew weather around here, and it feels kinda' good,
but I'm talking stitching...

Here's my almost finished Alphabet Stew
And I say almost,
because I thought it WAS finished and ready to frame,
but...
I still need to stitch
the tendrils on the green beans and the zucchini.
Don't know why I didn't do that already.
Well, I guess I do know why...
I was stitching with brown,
and the tendrils are supposed to be green floss.
I stitched all the wool onto the Osnaburg fabric with Aurifil's wool thread...
it's an 50/50 mix of wool & acrylic.
And I love stitching with it.
The old wool threads broke easily
and frayed at the needle eye
and were basically a pain to try to stitch with.
This is NOT.  Not a pain to stitch with.

Anyway, this Aurifil Lana that I used is number 8078 -
it's kind of a heathered brown
with just a touch of dark pine-y green. 
No, it's not shiny at all. 
The camera flash did that 'cause I was trying to get too close.
Now, to decide if I'm really making
vegetable stew for dinner tonight...

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!