Lucy Boston

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

quilts to wrap up

the end of the year...

The end of the year?  Already? 
Time sure does fly when you are having fun,
and I HAVE been having fun!

We have a blizzard blowing in today, so it's a Snow/Sew Day for me
(but I wanted to share some finishes before I settle down to stitching!).

Here are some pics of quilts/meandering to wrap up the end of the year:

12 of the 20 Pot Holder or Hot Pad blocks
that I Sashiko quilted:
The four gals at the LQS and I did a Hot Pad Block Swap...
we each chose fabrics and made five of the same block,
then swapped with each other
so we each have five blocks -
four for a 30" x 30" table topper
 and a smaller, single, hot pad sized topper.
(mine aren't quilted yet, but maybe this weekend :)
 
Janet's quilts for TWINS!!!:
 Aren't they cute?
You can tell by the lighting in the pics
that I finished one during daylight hours and one after dark :). 
And, oops, sorry, both are pictured upside-down!
It was a close finish on my part
so she could gift them at Christmas,
but they got done!! 
If you recall from a post of mine a couple of weeks ago,
I quilted another of this same quilt for her third nephew.  Lucky boys!
 
Next on the finish list:  Louise's!

(sorry, the pic has sunlight coming through,
making the back look textured)
 
 

She always does something cool for the back using focus fabrics and scraps.  I think this was a gift for her sister.  Another great finish for Louise.

Last up: Chris's "Butterflies" for her granddaughter:
Chris did some embroidery on this top before she put borders on. 
She did a great job, but I neglected to get a close up of the embroidery work :(
She asked me to not only quilt this,
 but also finish it for her, so I got to do some binding one night:)
 
So, back to work!  I still have one more quilt that I'm working on...
then I can get mine wrapped up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that was a lot of quilting! I really like the potholder blocks and the swap
    T in TX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!