Lucy Boston

Saturday, August 24, 2013

dancing by the side of the road

I was doing the happy dance 
down at the side of the road again.

Yes, that crazy lady is back in the neighborhood :)

But I have a good excuse - really!
I ordered more fabric - 
bad, bad me. :) 
When I heard the mail truck coming down the road
(there is a distinct sound to our mail truck -
a combination of mising engine/old muffler sound...
I'll miss it if they ever fix/replace it)
I decided to mosey on down the drive.
I arrived as the mail lady was pulling away,
and she waved as I waved.
And she smiled (probably 'cause she knows what pushes my buttons!)
But I think my smile was bigger
when I opened the mail box and saw a package!
Fabric package!
Just in time to put together a couple of quick grandkid quilts in time for fall.

Yep, crazy lady dancing at the side of the road!

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love Halloween and everything that goes with it. Those fabrics are going to make cute quilts. It is really a thrill when the mail truck leaves a package, and you just know it's fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good grandma. They'll love anything made with that material. I love material too - I think I've told you - but I don't sew much. In fact almost none.
    Yet nothing is more fun than browsing in a fabric store. Not only the fabric but the buttons and the decorations are so cool.
    Still books and writing are my things. I guess I feel as you do when I know a book is arriving. Yes, I do a happy dance. But I never know when the postman is arriving or UPS. They have quiet vehicles. Show us the finished product when you sew this material into something! Thanks, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I hope it helped you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!