Lucy Boston

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15th: time for some Spring decor

April 15th...time to pay taxes and do a little decorating today.
I changed out the table-topper quilts,
and added a few tulips and some bunnies:
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
(Joe Raposo, Sesame Street)
Did you notice the outdoor background?
Here's a shot without the Spring flowers and bunnies:
A day ago it was almost 80 degrees and sunny!
Went to bed last night and it was freezing rain -
making a coating of ice on all the trees
and the finally blooming daffodils.
This morn, there was this!! 
And the weatherman said that the ground was too warm for accumulation...
Yes, if you look carefully you'll see that those are the finally blooming daffodils hidden under the snow.

FYI: I Do Not consider snow part of the Spring décor!!

So,
I put on a big pot of stew
and I'm going back the studio and work
on my Lori Holt Doll Quilt Swap!
I still have some quilting to do on it before it gets mailed.

Happy Stitching on this snowy Spring tax day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, just maybe your lovely spring decor will give the snow a hint! We have had no snow this winter but a lot of dull grey skies. Looking for sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been crazy!! Poor plants and animals! I woke to a surprise of a few inches of snow this morning! However, I'm visiting Maine at the moment, where you'd almost expect a late dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your forecaster and mine are in cahoots. April Fools day was weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!