Lucy Boston

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

quilts to share #1 Dear Jane: April 2014

I was able to attend another Dear Jane retreat recently.
The retreat is held in the village of Shipshewana, Indiana 
which is a very nice Amish area.
This is the first time I've gone in the Spring
and it was so nice.

It was a wonderful few days -
stitching, laughing and visiting with friends I usually only get to see once a year.
(There were some gals not able to attend  & I sure missed them being there- hopefully we'll get to meet up again in the Autumn.)

On Friday night there is always show and tell
(which I totally forgot about when I was packing)
and there were so many beautiful quilts!
I know my pictures aren't from the best vantage point,
but with 88 girls there, I was happy to get the shots that I did.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the show:
A bright and beautiful quilt:
 Loved the colors of this one:
This was a rescued quilt that she's going to re-quilt:
as are these cute little baby quilts with hand-embroidery:
Another beauty:
and the fun back of the above quilt:
 Lots of little nine-patches made into nine-patches:
 And a flower garden:
Judy's mini doll quilt ready for a swap:
 And some rescued blocks that she reset:
Judy's simplified Celtic Solstice:
and the quilting shown from the back:

Next is Celtic Solstice that Tracy made - It's the same pattern as Judy's, above,
but Tracy made it half-sized and is in the process of hand-quilting:
This was a beauty also:

Isn't that a whole lot of inspiration?
More quilt pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I've had the opportunity to visit Shipshewana and it's a lovely place. Have always wanted to return. I love show and tell!! These quilts are beautiful! Such variety. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!