Lucy Boston

Friday, May 2, 2014

blustery May flowers

Our April ended with enough rain to
bring super-flowers for May.
Instead of a nice, Spring-like early May,
we've had, instead, very blustery October weather.

To take my mind off the bad weather,
I meandered over a beautiful, Spring-like, flowery-quilt -
made by Shirley:
Wonderful greens and purples and
gorgeous applique!
She made this for a grand-daughters' wedding.
Isn't it beautiful?
A king-sized beauty!

Here are a couple of close-ups...
one of the beautifully pieced blocks:
 center applique block:
the purple border with rose and leaf meandering
and green borders with leaves and loops:
And, here's a pic of the back:
I love this quilt, and love the back, too.

I do keep all of my scraps and left-over fabrics,
but just put them all into my 'stash'.

After seeing this quilt back,
makes me think I should start to 
step outside
my usual "box" when making quilt backs.

Are you a fan of using left-overs to make your quilt backs?
And is there a 'plan' on how you piece them together?

Happy May Stitching
and happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Our weather has been contrary too. Love your spring looking quilt flowers. I really like Shirleys quilt and especially the backing - i need to do this too!
    t in tx
    ps I love your qulited roses!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!