Lucy Boston

Monday, August 25, 2014

weekend sewing time

A friend came by one day this past weekend and
we talked and laughed and stitched...
for EIGHT hours!

We have not done that for months and months.
It felt so good.
Almost spa-like rejuvenation!

I stitched more of my
churn dash blocks:
6 inch finished churn dash blocks
I think I only have 12 more to do;
and I stitched more of the 1 1/2 inch finished four-patch blocks.
I think that brings me up to date!

And what could add to the great weekend?
Our little garden patch is looking pretty pitiful :(,
but we were gifted fresh produce!
Isn't that a beautiful beet?
The other beets were already sliced and in the pan cooking when I decided I should dirty another cutting board and take a picture of that gorgeous redness.

Happy last week of August to you
and hope you get to stitch a little this week!

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat beets but for those that do, would look very pretty in a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!