Lucy Boston

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

welcoming another great-niece to the family

Time to sew something up!
I checked out the pinterest page of the new mama-to-be ,
gathered some fabrics in teal, coral and yellow
along with some Kona Snow,
and cut a bunch of six-inch squares.
Half-square triangles,
(Notice the trimmings from my over-sized cutting method)
pressed, trimmed to 5 1/2 inches
and spread out across the table.
As you can tell from the top picture to this one /\,
I did some rearranging of blocks and stitched it together...
pieced together more of the fabrics to make a back.

I now have it on BigDD - the quilting machine,
ready to quilt in the name and birth date!

Looks summer-y I think,
but more importantly, it looks great-niece-girly! 

I found out that Lucy has arrived, 
so now it's time to get the name quilted in and the binding done, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!