Lucy Boston

Friday, September 5, 2014

new project excitement

I''m always excited to start another project.
Almost too much so.
Are you also eager to get going on a project?

To start my hand-applique stitching on my
Flags of the American Revolution quilt sew-along,
I had to dig out my applique threads bag...
a bag that I passed up the first dig-through
because this is what I saw:
The the jumbled mess of embroidery floss, pearl cotton and bit of wool inside the bag came from an old project... I guess the last time I used it was when I was working on my Snowy Days quilt, in which I hand-appliqued wool on cottons, and then big-stitch quilted with blue hand-quilting thread and snow-like pearl cotton.  The blue hand-quilting thread is what gave me the clue to the project I'd done last with this little bag of threads.

So, my silks, the blue hand-quilting thread, and thimble were on other side of the jumbled mess:
That's what I was looking for!
Excitement is reason that I don't put away stuff before I start the next project, right??
:)

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I always find it exciting to start a new project. The hunt for the right pattern. The hunt for fabrics that make me happy (and preferably out of stash). The cutting out. All of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!