Lucy Boston

Monday, February 23, 2015

I'm a glass half-full type of gal

Learned something last week...
no matter how positive you are, 
you positively cannot keep away the flu
by being positive that you won't get it.   :)

The only thing I did during the flu-time-out
that was quilting related
was in a moment of weakness, 
I clicked and ordered some fabric:

That's a picture to brighten a cold, Winter day!
All because I saw the one of the far left - the white with pink text!!
Really cute, don't you think?

Because I was under the weather, 
(yes, that's my story and I'm sticking with it),
I was blog browsing & came across 
a block tutorial with an upcoming sew-along.  
(Imagine that, she says sarcastically.)
I immediately fell in love with the stack of fabrics 
that Lori (of Bee in My Bonnet fame) was using.


If you've read my blog for even a short amount of time,
you probably know that I'm a sucker for text-y print fabrics...
And sure enough, I was sucked in by 
that pink, texty-garden print
and the bottom/center pink bees.
But in my flu-addled mind, NO, I didn't stop there!
I added some of the green-text and large floral.
And just for fun added fat quarters from the same line...
Flower Patch by Lori Holt/Bee In My Bonnet.

Then I added:
the large bumble bee (Bumble by TulaPink)
and below that, the gray garden print 
(Hawthorne Threads, Norwegian Wood, Thicket, in Stone),
the pink with states text (Cotton&Steel/Hatbox, All the States in Pink),
and the herbs in white/green (Windham/Cooking Italiano).

Now that the flu has passed, 
and those weaknesses are over
(hopefully),
it's back to my usual glass half-full attitude and some stitching!
And to decide whether or not I'm joining in on the
Sew Along with Lori. :)

You can jump to Lori's block tutorial and Sew Along info by clicking here.
You know you want to!

Happy last week of February!

2 comments:

  1. None of us need an excuse for buying fabric, but I do love yours! Glad to hear you are on the mend and that you now have a bit of spring to inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not seen the block design for the sew-along. A person could use lots of scrap pieces or a selection of purchased fabrics for it. We love to shop for fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!