Lucy Boston

Saturday, June 20, 2015

meanderings

This past week I've meandered on a couple more quilts -
this time they were Beverly's.
This first quilt that I meandered 
was her guild's 2014 Year in Blocks, pattern-a-month Challenge...
different gals within the guild designed 
a different block pattern each month.
If participants had at least one block pieced 
from the previous month's pattern, 
they got the next pattern free.
She said they could make as many blocks as they'd like from each block pattern, and put them together as desired - also part of the challenge,
so she made herself a Row by Row quilt:
Beverly added this project to this year's guild UFO-challenge-list
and it was 'picked' as her quilt to finish for July meeting,
therefore, it jumped up in my quilting rotation 
so she can get it trimmed and bound for the July meeting.
It was a fun one to quilt...
as I got to play when I meandered each row:
  I did free-motion butterflies, water,
 swirls, wood grain,
  breezy curls, sand, and others.
 Here are a couple more pictures:
I also got to meander over this gorgeous, purple floral quilt of Beverly's:
She used up some purple stash and has another UFO off her list!!
I'd say it was a good quilt-guild challenge year for Beverly!

Also makes me think I should get more motivated 
with my own UnFinished quilt Objects!!!

I did do some hand-stitching this past week, 
and had a nice lunch out with a friend - 
pics of that next time.

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!