Lucy Boston

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

digging through scraps; the swap quilt I sent

I keep trying and trying
to use up my seemingly never-ending fabric scraps...
so when Lori, of Humble Quilts blog,
announced she was again hosting a swap
of small doll quilts,
I jumped at the chance!

I had some red and cream half square triangles
already made, so decided to use them along with some
1 1/2 inch strips from the scrap bag.
I did the binding in red that matched the color of the pinwheels, and added one of my favorite of all time fabrics for the backing.  After hand-quilting, I even remembered to add the corner hanging pockets - one of them the label.
I packaged it up, put it into a mailing envelope, added some Ohio-made chocolate Buckeye candies, and sent it off to Sharon (Grass Roots Quilting blog).

 Since everything was from scraps, I don't even know what the finished measurements were!
I usually try to add a Ladybug to each quilt that I make, 
as Ladybugs are said to represent LUCK
AND they are also the state insect of Ohio.
Since I didn't have a repro-fabric with ladybugs, 
I added a hand-drawn one to the label.  
I've heard from Sharon, and she said that this little quilt looks like something she would have made herself, so it was perfect for her.

I love my scraps... 
Lots and lots of small scraps!

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure! I love the backing fabric too. I can't believe you have the ladybug as a state insect. We have the nasty mosquito! Actually, they get so big sometimes some people say it is our state "bird"! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. That backing fabric is gorgeous also :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!