Lucy Boston

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Blazing heat, computer crashes, secret stitching,

and did I mention blazing hot? LOL
With the temps in the high nineties, 
and the heat index to be well above 100 degrees each day this week,
THAT is a little much.
It does probably mean a little more stitching time indoors 
in the air conditioned coolness, though, and that is good.

My computer has been in the shop.  Again... Which really is a blessing in disguise; being able to have it repaired means I didn't have to purchase a new one.   I'll try to take a few minutes at lunchtime each day this week and visit all my blog friends and try to get caught up on all the fun.

Secret stitching:
Sweetie's nephew asked me to create a quilt gift for his wife, in honor of their 12th anniversary.  They are such a sweet couple and family, and I'm proud to claim them! lol
He told me the some of her favorite colors, I chose the fabrics, sent secret messages and pictures back and forth, and got to work. Delivered ahead of schedule, so just had to wait out the gifting before I could share with you all.
Their anniversary date has passed, so I won't ruin his surprise if I share now.
Queen sized, teals and corals, Crazy 9 Patch pattern:
Hard to make out, I know, but he asked for his/hers initials with wedding date, enclosed within a heart:
 I also made a couple of large pillowcase/shams with leftover fabrics:
 And probably my favorite picture - the trimmings from squaring up the blocks:
 Binding time:

I'm off to have some lunch and do some MORE secret stitching! 
Hope your week is wonderful!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Super quilts! And I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for "One Lovely Blog Award". You can check out the rules on my blog, but please realize you really don't need to do anything. You are already an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting pile of little pieces. Do you just toss them or have some creative use you put them to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt, Debra. I bet it feels good to finish something for such nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I wish you were my aunt! This is lovely and I can't imagine a more special gift. Hope things cool down for you soon. Heat and humidity are not my friends either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!