Lucy Boston

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Firefly nights - #2 of Gwennie Inspired medallion


'Childhood Memories' was the theme for this past month's 
Gwennie Inspired Medialion challenge...

I was so excited thinking back on my childhood,
as there were so many good memories 
and great inspirational ideas that came to mind
for this challenge.
I grew up an Ohio farm girl, the oldest of four children;
there were chores to do, cooking, gardening,
cleaning, and more chores, and I absolutely loved them all.
Many times at the end of the Summer day, we had 
a bonfire and could stay out a little later and
hunt fireflies.  There were at least a gazillion!
It was almost magical, as they lit the trees and fields
with their twinkly lights.

 So, Firefly Nights was my choice for the second round:
Can you tell I used to love my Summer nights and fireflies?
Truth be told, I still love my firefly nights!
At this point, my quilt top measures 25 inches by 30 inches. 
I've used more scraps from the scrap basket.
Also, I still need to give it a good pressing. lol
I can hardly wait to get going on the next 'round'/challenge!
Cathy of Big Lake Quilter blog 
has chosen the theme of 'Log Cabin' quilt blocks.
So more fun to come!

You can check out all the others who have joined in on this
four month challenge by clicking on this link:  wabi-sabi quilts
There are SO MANY great quilts in the making!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
And happy Independence weekend to my fellow countrymen and women!

12 comments:

  1. I missed your first post about your basket it is lovely. Your fireflies memory and insterpretation is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great graphic interpretation of fireflies at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of fireflies myself. We used to love to try to catch them and put them in a glass jar. Loads of un for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful!!! You really hit the nail on the head with this border. It's so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are two of us with memories of fireflies and we're both from Ohio. Fun. Your basket and border look great with the black background and bright fireflies. I especially like your flower with all the red circles.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fireflies. What a summer memory!!!
    Your quilt is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful! I love your use of different blacks for the background too. I loved chasing fireflies (or lightening bugs as we called them) too. Do you find there are fewer now than when you were young? We don't seem to have as many as we used to and they only come out in August.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your border. I can picture chasing fireflies in the back yard. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I loved fireflies! You really captured the essence of them. I grew up in MI and we had them too. Sadly, they don't live out West where I am now, so my kids don't have that memory. I miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Love your basket, beautiful. The firefly's are beautiful too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer nights and fireflies.. great childhood memories. How creative and well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!